Friday 5 December 2014

Life Drawing Part 3. Dwarf life model or bad foreshortening?

Working in different media always is a challenge for me I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!! so when I was told that I would be using an app on my iPad to complete my life drawing for the week, I was less than impressed to say the least. But once I got into it, I realised I have been missing out a lot! admittedly the program was a little slow at time, and therefore the lag meant that it was hard to get clear and concise line in my drawings however once I got used to it, it was easy enough to overcome. A feature I did like was the ability to edit the brushes you used. This meant that I could always achieve the exact effect I wanted, helping me avoid 'over shading' for which I am a serial offender.

I was impressed with the work I managed to produce, I would almost go as far as saying I was a little proud.
A problem I was learning to overcome in this workshop was my issues with foreshortening. But after doing some research over the weekend I learnt one very important lesson. Draw only what you see. Not what you think you should see. By drawing what your mind is telling you to, you end up with an unrecognisable figure. However how ever much it goes again your instincts you must only draw what you see. If this means my drawing being 90% bum cheeks like the one above, then so be it, because it actually means its perfectly proportioned. 


I then began to experiment with colour once I found myself feeling a little more confident with my programme. Using green and yellow was an unconscious decision. One I made with no real reason or rhyme. But I liked it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment