Wednesday 11 March 2015

Making designs a reality





 
 
I decided to make my automatic drawings a reality by inflating bin bags on different sections of my body in order to alter the shape of the body.  I did this by securing the bags around my legs and arms tightly and inflating them using a foot pump.


















This altered my appearance in the way I had intended and with some fine tweaking could create a cool piece of costume. If not the most practical.



 
I then began doing multiple bags on different limbs at the same time to see how much that changed the appearance of the costume.
 
 THIS WAS NOT COMFORTABLE! JUST SO YOU KNOW THAT!!!
I did like how it worked, it really made my appearance change and threw out the natural body shape you are used to seeing.  I then realised that the red elastic I had used to keep the bag on my head looked like a bow tie, and decided to turn the whole of the bag into the face of the character. This is not meant to be racist, I only had black bin liners.




I then covered myself into a black sheet to disguise the body and face so you cant tell that the head of the character is actually just air and not a person at all. I think this is an interesting idea and I might try develop it further by combining my earlier automatic designs with this practical technique to create a costume inflated by air.

No comments:

Post a Comment