Monday, 25 May 2015
The finished thing, and how I feel about it
the wings which would form part of the mechanism for the puppet. I made these using the same process as the head and body of the puppet. This was once again an effective means of creating the work as it was a sturdy piece I ended up with.
I attached the wings using the method I outlined in my earlier drawings for the mechanism of the piece. I had to re arrange the positioning of the wings multiple times as the mechanism did not work as effectively as I had hoped from the prototype version I made previous to this final version.
I gave the work a final coat of varnish to give it a more even and high end finish. I think this gave the owl the finished look I needed.