Thursday, 18 June 2015

Tweaking the mechanism. . . AGAIN!

Although the cable to operate the front legs worked, it did need some fine tuning. After attaching the cables in multiple places I found it worked best and the widest part of the upper thight. This meant that the amount of cable that was actually being pulled was quite short and therefore a small pull gave a large amount of movement. Making the deer easy to operate. I also established that on the real version of the puppet I would have to use washers or something similar to keep the joints of the deers legs from wobbling because their was too much room for movement. Once I had figured out the issues with this prototype version I decided to was time to begin the real thing. And take on board all the alterations I had made to the original plan throughout my design process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment